The 6 modules that will be presented on a Private Wildlife Reserve in Africa:
- Wildlife Veterinary Management
- Game capture methods and procedures
- Suitable method is selected per species taking in consideration the species, age, sex-ratio, numbers, terrain, finances, equipment, logistics, season, purpose, resources, infrastructure and equipment.
- Method of capture is influenced by value of animals, tameness to humans and vehicles, condition of animals, safety and skill of capture team and personnel, environmental conditions and behaviour and herd structure
- Different capture methods are prepared for including physical capture or restraint, hand capture, cage traps, mass capture with plastic boma, passive capture with boma traps, drop down or pop-ups, permanent passive capture structures and chemical capture or restraint
- Chemical Capture and restraint of wild animals
- Selecting of Capture drugs per specie
- Opioids – Knock Down Drugs
- State of narcosis in animals
- Sedatives and tranquilisers
- Administering Capture Drugs
- Drugs in food
- Injection methods
- Pole syringe
- Darting – Handle and maintain a dart gun,
- Charges and dart weights
- Biological samples, scientific data and where required fit monitoring devices to captured game
- Tissue samples, blood samples, mucus swabs, parasites
- Special applications such as aging, teeth imprints, morphometric
- Measurements, telemetry equipment
- Monitoring devices, Transmitters and Receivers
- Participate and Execute a wildlife capture – Chemical Restraint of wild animals
- Darting from a safari vehicles and helicopter
- Dart a Wild Animal with a Veterinary Prescription
Venue is in a fully operational safari venue with large open areas, safari camp, clean ablution facilities, lounge, fully equipped kitchen, laundry service.
Destination: Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport – MQP, Nelspruit, Mpumalanga, South Africa
Rates Include: An unforgettable experience in Africa, All accommodation, Catering, Meet and Greet at MQP airport, All land transportation for the duration of Safari, Services of a Professional Safari Guides, Services of camp staff, Laundry service, All applicable license and permit fees, Certificate and Badge.
Rates Excluded: International and Domestic flights, Pre-and Post-Safari Nights, Beverages, Tips for staff, telephone calls, Curio purchases, Side Tours, All Rates and Prices Excluding 15% VAT if applicable.